WELCOME TO THE LESS THAN EXCITING COUPLES GUIDE TO MOVIES BLOG.

Warning all language may not be suitable for children. Also, all of our movie critiques are for people who actually like cinema, and have some form of taste in movies. Finally, any knocks on celebrities is truley how we feel about them at the time of the film viewing, and is no way a reflection of that celebrity as a person cause' frankly we don't know them and could care less.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Top Five Favorites (part 1) comedies

We are going to first be posting a series of blogs that list our top five favorite movies in a particular genre. For two reasons really. Reason number 1: this will show you our taste and movies, so you will know whether to keep reading or you will realize that we don't have the same taste. Reason 2: It is really hard to compare movies cross genre, I mean you can't really compare Star Wars with Anchorman; they aren't the same kind of movie.

Comedies Top 5

Tiny Teach
5. Anchorman- Just so everyone is aware I do not like Will Ferrell, but I love this movie. Everyline is quoteable gold. I mean when you can bring up a line from a movie in everyday conversation and make people die laughing; you have comedic gold. Brilliant the whole thing, I love it.
4. I Love You Man- This movie is really funny in an akward way. I love that it is one of the first looks at a guy friendship. I have never watched and not just died laughing. I mean it has the incredible hulk in it come on.
3. The Sweetest Thing- I know that this could be considered a chick flick, but I have never seen a guy watch this movie and not crack up. I'm normally not big on Cameron Diaz, but I love her in this movie. It will have you laughing the entire time with Christina Applegates wittyness. Plus, they sing a song about penius. Bwah
ha ha!
2. Forgetting Sarah Marshall- This movie is very inappropriate, but in the best way. Jason Siegal is sooooo funny. I mean it has everything sex jokes, puppet jokes, and Paul Rudd. I mean I laugh everytime I see it, and that is a mark of a true comedy.
1. Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail - the first time I saw this movie I was in high school, and I had just been dumped by my first real boyfriend. This movie is so funny that I was no longer depressed. With it's hilarious story line and quotable lines, you will be telling your friends there father are hamsters for days, weeks, maybe years.


Daddy Warbucks

5. Shawn of the Dead- Easily the best genre spoof movie ever made. The mostly subtle humor, highlights the absurdities that have become staples in the zombie horror genre. Who doesn't think hitting a zombie with a cricket bat is funny?

4. Beerfest- My personal favorite of the Broken Lizard movies. Takes all of the best aspects of Super Troopers and gets them drunk. Das Boot!

3. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back- Personal favorite although admittedly not a great movie. The plot resembles a dumbed down cross between Cheech and Chong and The Muppets Movie. Actually when I put it that way it sounds really funny.


2. Anchorman- Almost my number one, and depending on the day you ask me it could be. Without a doubt the most quoteable movie ever made. Appeals to all age groups. It includes some of the funniest performances by some of the most under rated comedians of this generation, and the hands down best performance by Will Ferrell.

1. Caddyshack- I dare someone to go three lines in this movie without at least chuckling, it is not possible. Best comedic cast ever assembled. Stands the test of time better than most movies from that era. I know Chevy Chase takes a beating in some circles, but he's money in my book and this is the best of his dry, sarcastic humor. One of Bill Murray's best. And everyone loves a dancing gopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment